Friday, March 5, 2010

Programming Note: Two Oscar Night Live Blogs


And just like that, it’s Oscar weekend. Being perfectly honest, I’ve paid so little attention to the awards races this season that while I think I could name all of the rumored frontrunners in the major categories, I could by no means name all of the nominees. For example, who is contending with Anna Kendrick to be runner-up to Mo’Nique in the Best Supporting Actress race? I can’t remember. Not that it matters. I’ll go into Sunday with my usual Oscar-weekend attitude: crossing my fingers that some of my favorites might win, being filled with joy if they do, and otherwise shrugging off the night’s unavoidable disappointments and injustices. It’s a fun yearly tradition, and I’m pleased to say that my recent Oscar tradition will continue, too: live-blogging.

Just like last year, The Cooler is offering you two live blogs on Oscar night. My dear friend Allison Morris, who usually blogs about her life at Tales From LaLa Land, will once again be helming the Red Carpet Live Blog starting at 6 pm ET. Allison got married over the past year, but the self-proclaimed “clusterfuck” assures me she’s only barely matured and is still well qualified to make crass yet entertaining observations about Ryan Seacrest. With any luck, she’ll bring with her a posse of equally entertaining friends, so keep an eye on the comments section. I’ll start my official 82nd Academy Awards Live Blog sometime before the telecast begins on ABC at 8 pm ET.

These live blogs are greatly improved with your participation. So, come Sunday evening, please put down the Twitter and come hang out at The Cooler. It’ll be a fun party. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment