Saturday, July 31, 2010

Images That Thrill


Ever thoughtful critic Joel “MovieMan0283” Bocko recently celebrated the end of his second full year of blogging at The Dancing Image by cosponsoring a meme with Stephen of Checking On My Sausages. The directive is to come up with a collection of similarly themed images that celebrate the “thrill of cinema.” I’m a big fan of screen-capture posts, and even though they seem easy (compared to writing), perhaps I should be doing more of them. (Cinema is a visual medium, after all!) In recent weeks, unrelated to this meme, I’ve tremendously enjoyed Joel’s gallery tracking the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker (oh, if only those Star Wars prequels didn’t have dialogue!) and Sheila O’Malley’s terrific ode to doorway shots in The Searchers.

So, here’s my contribution to the meme. See if you can spot the (somewhat loose) theme. I’ll eventually list it at the end.








By the way, the rules of the meme demand that I tag five people. Consider this an open tag. If you haven't taken part, do so. Just be sure to read Joel's post and give appropriate links to his site and Stephen's.

Note: One could argue that the image at the top of this post is exactly the opposite of this gallery's theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment